Ayurveda is an ancient system of medicine designed to remove the imbalance of the physical body, while providing the mental clarity needed to change unproductive mindsets. One of the most healing therapies in Ayurveda is Panchakarma. Panchakarma is the ultimate mind-body healing experience for detoxifying the body, strengthening the immune system and restoring balance and well being.
The Solavedi product line was created with the guidance and understanding of this therapy. A completely organic line was created that serves the three doshas, or biological energies found throughout the human body and mind that govern all physical and mental processes that provide health and fulfillment. Your skin therapist will be able to determine what dosha needs nourishment or pacifying in order to provide you with your optimal facial.
Our Ayurvedic facial starts with a light massage to the back and rhythmic compressions to the whole body to ensure your complete relaxation and mind-body connection. The face is cleansed with a honey blossom wash followed by a cleansing oilation and marma point facial massage. You are then exfoliated and masqued with a mixture of glacial clay and botanicals. Warm towels are applied to the face, neck and decollete while you are treated to a foot massage. Impossibly soft brushes are used for a light lymph drainage massage followed by a warm toner drench and scalp massage. This healing and indulgent treatment ends with the application of serums and creams and a cool spoon massage to ensure the deepest penetration of the product and tightening of the pores.
What are the benefits of an Ayurvedic marma point face massage?
Relieves stress and tension, which in turn may reduce the appearance of fine lines.
Increases circulation; more blood in the skin means more nutrients being delivered, and consequently healthier skin cells that hold their tone and vitality.
Increases lymph flow for glowing skin.
Increases prana (vital energy) that keeps the skin looking fresh and alive.
Promotes greater absorption of oils or creams that nourish the skin cells and skin barrier, improving skin hydration.
Helps you attain quality sleep that restores the body and boosts immune response.
Calms nerves and reduces fatigue.
Supports all the senses, especially helping to relieve eye strain.
Improve our intelligence, wit, memory, and self-confidence.
Banish fatigue and low spirits.
Give us the clarity and patience to make better lifestyle choices.
Balance all three subtle body energies – vata, pitta, and kapha doshas.
Move prana, or life force, in both the physical and energetic sheaths of the body, giving us greater radiance.
Open nadis, the channel in which life force flows, so we feel both relaxed and energized.
What is your primary dosha?
Please answer YES or NO to the following questions based on what rings true for you.
- I have always been thin and gangly. Yes No
- I lose weight easily and I have difficulty gaining it. Yes No
- I prefer a warm climate and don’t like wind and cold. Yes No
- My hair tends to be curly and dry. Yes No
- My skin tends to be rough and dry. Yes No
- When under stress I tend to become anxious and/or fearful. Yes No
- I have a medium build with medium bone structure. Yes No
- I enjoy competitive activities and enjoy physical or intellectual challenges. Yes No
- I prefer a cool climate to a warm one. Yes No
- I dislike heat, especially humid heat and feel easily fatigued by it. Yes No
- I have a sharp, aggressive mind. Yes No
- My digestion and appetite tends to be strong and I get irritable when I’m hungry. Yes No
- When under stress I tend to become easily frustrated, impatient, or angry. Yes No
- I have a sturdy constitution and a large bone structure. Yes No
- I’ve always been a little overweight. Yes No
- I gain weight easily and have difficulty losing it. Yes No
- I tend to have excess mucous. Yes No
- My hair is a thick and lustrous. Yes No
- My energy and stamina are consistent. Yes No
- When under stress I become withdrawn, unmotivated, and resistant to change Yes No
- If you answer YES to three or more statements in section A you have primarily a Vata constitution
- If you answer YES to three or more statements in section B, you have primarily a Pitta constitution
- If you answer YES to three or more statements in section C, you are primarily a Vata constitution
- If your answers are split between two or three of the sections, you are bi or tri-doshic